Saturday, July 24, 2010
For August, I am thinking that I would like to dig in to being a bit more creative. It's my break from school and I will have a week off of work in there too and while it is tempting to take on big projects like cleaning up my WHOLE APARTMENT, I think what I need most is some fun. So I've decided to join up with Susannah's August Break. Which, given how infrequently I post is maybe not a "break" exactly. But I have not been taking many photos lately, and I'd like to. I like having a snapshot record as the seasons pass, even if they aren't all masterpieces (which, of course, I want them to be). I like taking a bit of time to find a new perspective, a pretty shot, a good angle.
(Caveat: I may not actually take a photo every day... when I am not up for new shots I may go back to my bulging files of photos that have yet to see the light of the internet and post one of those instead. We'll see.)
Want to play along? Don't worry. There are no rules.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
photo by: Cameron Wellock (see below)
Posts I've been meaning to write (and may eventually get to):
~ Pretty things (ex: mom's lovely handmade necklaces, some thrifted books, my owl ring)
~ A little round-up of all the new tv shows I'm currently devouring, when no more homework can be wrested from my brain (namely: Being Human, Glee and Huge)
~ Bits of summer: recipes, pictures, stories
* Birthday wishes for a certain bosom chum (I'm totally sending you imaginary strawberry shortcake)
* Finding gorgeous things to look at online, mainly through blogs and flickr (perfect examples: see photos I've included in this post)
* I haven't taken a photo in... hrm. A long time. Should really dust off the camera and point it at something.
* Somehow all the wildflowers this year are purple - are they always this pretty? I first noticed them on a drive to Toronto a few weeks back, lots of blue-mauves and buttery yellows against a soft green backdrop of summer grass. Almost makes up for the Heat Waves. Almost.
* Shiatsu. I'm thinking it's time to book a massage during my week of vacation.
* Speaking of which - yoga. Better reaquaint myself with my mat.
* Hyperbole and a half. My new favourite website. Actually, not that new. But still a favourite. I recently made it through the archives, and I think this is the best one. But really, it's all pretty wonderful.
* British Country Living magaizine. Why is it still June on the newsstands?
* The arrival of another bosom chum, who is moving to my fair city. Hurray! Huzzah! I'm so looking forward to hanging out and seeing Montréal through her eyes. But we shall not stop our pen-palling! Oh no, snail-mail will still criss & cross.
* And speaking of snails: -------------@=<: