Monday, August 15, 2011

Papering your walls

Three days a week I work at a desk, facing a monitor. I like to think of it as an opportunity to attend a very small showing of artwork/photography. Needless to say, I click on my "shortcut to desktop" icon frequently to gaze at whatever's on display at the moment, to take tiny mental breaks from my work and take off on flights of imaginative fancy. Here are a few that have been on rotation this summer:

Photo is from Dark Nostalgia by Eva Hagberg, source


+++

Seagrass, by Benjamin Lacombe


+++

Venice, Decorology blog


+++

Hobbiton, and A Hobbit Dwelling by John Howe



+++

Diplodocus, NHM in London, by Antonio Torres Ochoa 

 
+++

Lacock Abbey, by Brian Negus, which appeared in a couple of the Harry Potter films


+++

The Storm at Sea and House Roller (from Burning Man) by Trey Ratcliff of Stuck In Customs



+++

Amy Merrick (from her flickr)



No comments:

Post a Comment