Friday, May 15, 2009

Pretty in Pink

















So, in the middle of March, I am usually pretty sick of Montréal. I really end up hating winter, and any dorky feelings of magical enchantment that might have welled up for those first snowfalls back in November/December are long gone. However.

Then there is SPRING!

Spring seems to happen overnight here. It was a while ago, maybe 2-3 weeks ago, but it did happen over one weekend. On Friday the trees were bare, almost autumnally so, and by Monday everything was green and starting to bloom. All it takes is one spike in temperature and the plants wake up in spectacular unsion.

All around my place there are lilacs in full flower (gorgeous PURPLE!!) and they smell great. Just across the street from where I work there is a cute little back walkway (cobblestone even) and it is in the shaddow of a pretty church courtyard, and lined with lovely old stone buildings. On my lunch break I like to stroll along it (it isn't very long... and there are usually people from nearby offices standing around there smoking... but still), and this week I remembered to bring my camera.




No comments:

Post a Comment