Saturday, May 29, 2010

Neither housework nor homework

Yesterday I fell in love with a flamenco dancer. Ok, I fell in love with five of them. Ok, ok. I fell in love with their shoes. 

This festival is going on right now and since I work right next to where it was set up on St Catharines, I spent my lunch hour eating spinach empanada and quivering. I am pretty sure that it was this group I saw perform, and the singer was fantastic, but it was the dancers and their purple (five shades of red, plum, eggplant, mauve and lilac) dance shoes. Mary Janes with heels. They were all in rippling black skirts. They used their hands like folding fans. They twirled and scowled and stamped their perfect shoes.  


*   *   *

Shuffle shuffle shuffle. 

It's Saturday. My place is a mess. These two facts are not really related. My place is always a mess. But as it is Saturday I am not running (late) to work, so I am forced to sit in the mess.

Shuffle. 

I've got stuff to do. Homework: book(s) to review, papers to read, a quiz to write, notes to make. 

Yawn. Shuffle. Shuffle.

*    *    *

Breakfast smoothie: 
1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp ground flax seeds
1 tsp psyllium husks
dash of cinnamon
drizzle of agave nectar
A splash of almond milk
1 straw


*    *    *

Cleaning is out of the question.

Instead, my camera. What are the things in my apartment that do not make me feel tired?



2 comments:

  1. Oh seeing your beautiful things, and the nooks and crannies of your home makes me utterly ache to see YOU....sigh. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what megan said - she said it well

    this was a very intimate blog entry, thank you

    :)

    ReplyDelete