Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Finding Her Here

It is a grey day today. The sky is so low outside my window, I think that if I reached up I could touch those grey clouds and run my fingers through their wool. Shake out the rain. I need to borrow some pretty words today, to lift my spirits.
This is a poem that my mom has on a poster at home, so whenever I see it I think of her. Since it is mother's day week I will post it in honor of her. ♥

Skywatcher by Susan Sedon Boulet

Finding Her Here


I am becoming the woman I've wanted,

grey at the temples, soft body,

delighted, cracked up by life,

with a laugh that's known bitter

but, past it, got better,

knows she's a survivor-

that whatever comes,

she can outlast it.

I am becoming a deep weathered basket.


I am becoming the woman I've longed for,

the motherly lover

with arms strong and tender,

the growing up daughter

who blushed surprises.

I am becoming full moons and sunrises.


I find her becoming,

this woman I've wanted,

who knows she'll encompass,

who knows she's sufficient,

knows where she's going

and travels with passion.

Who remembers she's precious,

but knows she's not scarce-

who knows she is plenty,

plenty to share.


Jayne Relaford Brown © 1994




No comments:

Post a Comment