Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thrifty treasures











Who doesn't love a good day of thrifting? There is, luckily, a decent second-hand shop near where I live. Decent because I always find something (usually more than I can carry, so I have to put some stuff back) and because the prices could not be better. (New(ish) dress for 5.99 anyone? Fall jacket for 9.99? Purse for 4.99?) But not MAGNIFICENT because the location and the ambiance of the shop itself leaves much to be desired. It is one of those "get a buggy and wander the aisles" kind of places. Warehouse-y, not boutique-y. Hence the prices, so of course it's worth it, but you cannot be rushed. If you were you would miss out on things like pretty summer dresses, short trench coats (really cute, but my photos didn't turn out, so maybe later), and apatasaurus brooches. I can't quite figure out where that could possibly have come from ... a dinosaur museum? Who knows. I love it though. Mostly because I think it's hilarious, but also because dinosaurs are rad. And I actually think it's kind of pretty. A bit heavy though, so I will have to be careful about where I pin it.


No comments:

Post a Comment