Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Smiling's my favorite

Whew! I think I am just as busy now as I was during my last two weeks of school, except that I am busy doing things that are thousands of times more enjoyable. I am working as hard as an Elf to get everything ready for Christmas. Since I have to mail my boxes (I hope that sending them tomorrow means they will make it!) that means I have to get all my shopping and handmade stuff done a bit earlier. Now, it is not like I am complaining. This is my favorite time of year! I have downloaded a ton of holiday movies and I have turned the living room into a craft-zone. I have more or less done my shopping already (did it yesterday), and at a time when there are a lot less grouchy, harried shoppers, so that is nice. Now I just have a few things left to do and then wrapping, boxing up and sending! I also did a bit of baking on Monday (I gingerbread) and tomorrow we get our tree. So from then on... well I can just relax and read a lot and enjoy the holidays! Well, and study for my exam next week, and take some extra shifts at work, and do that take-home-exam I have for next semester... man, can a snail-person ever get a break around here? : ) Obviously I could just do a lot less holiday stuff if I wanted more of a break, I don't HAVE to work like an elf. But where would the fun be in that?

Photo: Santa baking by Paper D'Art (they don't list the artist names on the website, but on the back of the cards I bought from them they list Reuben McHugh- he doesn't seem to have a webiste, but I think the Tim Burton-esque santas and snowmen he does are great).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys

    You can find loads of Reuben McHugh's work plus an interview at www.paper-dart.com

    Best wishes

    Mark

    ReplyDelete